Re: Suggested experimental test

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: Suggested experimental test
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2021 19:06:20 +0000

I don't have the link at hand, but RMS had posted how to do exactly this time of poll. I can try to locate it for you if you want.

I would indeed be interested in seeing it.

The point here is that the suggestions have been removing featues, without replacing them. exit-recursive-edit got moved to a different binding, and the semantics of C-c got changed to something useful.

Once again, the point of the suggested experiment is _not_ to remove a feature. open-line would be moved to a different binding, and the semantics of C-o would be changed to something useful.

(Obviously, I'm not proposing this just to leave the that key unused.)