Re: Suggested experimental test

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: Suggested experimental test
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2021 19:13:20 -0400

   > It isn't a small change to remove a feature completely.  When asked to
   > keep _a_ binding, it has been meet with silence and it has been more
   > important to inconvinence users than to listen to them, so I can only
   > assume that this will a similar case for C-o.

   Your assumption is wrong.

Neither center-line nor center-paragraph have been given an
alternative binding.  The same is also applicable for facemenu.
Despite requests for it.

   Please have a look at the proposed experiment: it moves open-line
   to repeated C-o.

A proposal is not reality, and such a behaviour would be yet again
beyond annoying.  How about doing polls first instead of doing this
blind experiments where it will be far to late when these changes
sneak into Emacs for them to be changed back.