Re: [External] : Re: Suggested experimental test

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: [External] : Re: Suggested experimental test
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2021 04:06:39 -0400

   And sure, 3rd-party code can likewise trample on Emacs
   default bindings.  But that's asking for trouble.

And removing features from users isn't? :-)

   I don't think we want to _encourage_ that.  But by
   binding more and more keys by default, Emacs dev does
   indeed risk encouraging just that - a wild free-for-all.

There is plenty of keybindings available for third-party modes.  Emacs
could also just state a policy that 3rd party stuff can some
keybindings like C-o / M-o for other purposes, with a caveat emperor
instead of removing those features.