Re: Emacs default bindings

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Emacs default bindings
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2021 09:39:44 +0300

> From: Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org>
> Cc: eliz@gnu.org, philipk@posteo.net, danflscr@gmail.com,
>       lokedhs@gmail.com, yantar92@gmail.com, emacs-devel@gnu.org,
>       monnier@iro.umontreal.ca
> Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2021 23:22:22 -0400
>
>   > > Let's announce on info-gnu that we tentatively plan to make this the
>   > > default in Emacs 28, and ask users to try it now and tell us now if
>   > > they see a reason to change that plan.

Btw, it's becoming too late for Emacs 28, as we intend to cut the
release branch this month, barring some grave problems.

>   > info-gnu or info-gnu-emacs?
>
> I think I had in mind info-gnu so lots of people would see it.
> But it could be info-gnu-emacs.

I think info-gnu-emacs is more appropriate.  We could also cross-post
to help-gnu-emacs, for wider audience.

> I was trying to suggest this, not insist.
> If Eli decides to do this, I am sure he can.

Everyone can post to info-gnu-emacs.  Messages there are held for
moderation, but guess who is the moderator.

So, Dmitry, if you think it's a good idea, please go ahead and post.