Re: Emacs default bindings

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Emacs default bindings
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2021 15:37:58 +0200

I haven't really been following this thread, but it's about making
`show-paren-mode' default in Emacs 28?  I'm not sure that's quite the
right thing to do at this point -- as bug#29381 points out, it probably
shouldn't be a global minor mode, but should instead be a globalized
minor mode (since that'll make it easier to switch on/off on a
per-major-mode basis).

So it should be rewritten as a show-paren-mode/show-paren-local-mode and
then enabled, but that's too late for Emacs 28.

(And there's also some other open bugs for the mode in interactions with
other stuff, but I haven't looked closely at that.)