Re: Emacs default bindings

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Emacs default bindings
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2021 17:28:08 +0300

On 08.09.2021 16:37, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:
So it should be rewritten as a show-paren-mode/show-paren-local-mode and
then enabled, but that's too late for Emacs 28.

This should be a fairly small change, implementation-wise. If we wanted to do that before the release branch is cut, I don't see a problem.

(And there's also some other open bugs for the mode in interactions with
other stuff, but I haven't looked closely at that.)

If you find something notable, please tag me in the discussion. show-paren-mode has been pretty solid for me over the years, but of course there might be very different workflows out there. It can also be semi-broken in some specific major modes, which change show-paren-function (e.g. SMIE based ones with buggy grammars). But those should "simply" be fixed.