Re: Any new method to deal with Emacs Fonts settings puzzles nearly ever

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Any new method to deal with Emacs Fonts settings puzzles nearly every Chinese emacser?
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2021 13:33:02 +0200

> From: Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com>
> Cc: tumashu@163.com,  emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2021 17:41:44 +0800
>
> Other programs do not try to solve the more general problem here, only
> the lines.  And I think solving the problem with the mode-line and
> header-line and tab bar and tab lines is enough to make people happy,
> because I've never heard anyone complain about this for any other
> reason.

But there's also the mini-window: if we don't do something there,
you'll see the mode line move up and down in annoying ways, depending
on what text is displayed in the mini-window and which fonts it uses.
And the mini-window is mostly just another window.  So I think we
should decide what to do with window-body display as well (see my
other message about this in bug#51821 discussion), not just with
mode-line, tab-line, etc.