Re: sqlite3

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: sqlite3
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2021 15:43:59 +0200

> From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2021 08:00:58 +0100
>
> I've now cargo culted the Windows-specific invocations from xml.c into
> sqlite.c, and it compiles...  but invoking any of the sqlite functions
> now makes Emacs segfault.  Which isn't quite the result I was hoping
> for.  :-/
>
> And running it under gdb is apparently not very helpful, but I've never
> run gdb under Windows...

The MinGW port of GDB works very well on Windows, I use it all the
time.  What problems did you see?

> Can you have a look?  It's probably obvious to you what's going wrong.

I see two problems:

  . Emacs is linked against the sqlite3 DLL statically, because
    configure.ac unconditionally adds -lsqlite3 to the link command
    line.  This -lsqlite3 should be removed in the Windows build,
    since we will be loading the library at run time by an explicit
    call to the moral equivalent of 'dlopen'.  See how this is done
    in configure.ac for other optional libraries.

  . You didn't add the necessary stuff to dynamic-library-alist in
    w32-win.el.  Without that, Emacs doesn't know which DLL to try to
    load.