Re: sqlite3

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: sqlite3
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2021 12:06:55 +0200

> Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2021 10:38:55 +0200
> From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> > Thanks; with those two changes, the sqlite branch now seems to work fine
> > dynamically loaded under mingw, but you should probably have a look at
> > this, as this is the very first time I've done this stuff.
>
> Will do, when the code lands on master.

Now done.

A couple of issues that caught my eye while reading the code:

 . Should we invoke encode_string_utf_8 with 2 last arguments Qnil,
   and signal an error if the result is nil?  That would make sure we
   were passed a valid UTF-8 string.  We could also use non-zero 3rd
   argument, for speed.

 . sqlite-load-extension expects a file name with an extension, but
   that would leas to Lisp code conditioning on system-type to use the
   correct extension.  Should we instead append the extension inside
   the function?  Also, are SQLite extension modules usually installed
   in some known directory, or using some PATH-style list of
   directories?  If they are, we could perhaps use 'load-'-style path
   variable?