Re: Can we give Eli a break, please? [ Was: Re: Development Speed ]

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: Can we give Eli a break, please? [ Was: Re: Development Speed ]
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 18:07:01 +0100

Alan Mackenzie <acm@muc.de> writes:

> Your last post comes over as one big moan.  You moan about perfectly
> valid decisions, some of which didn't turn out optimally.  You moan about
> perfectly valid decisions, full stop.

That's your opinion. It's understandable that you talk about "perfectly
valid decisions", since you were strongly vocal when those decisions
were made and had a significant impact on them. Which is fine.

> The main point of my post is that Eli is having to deal with a lot of
> negative posting at the moment,

I'm pretty sure that Eli:

1. knows how much I appreciate his work.

2. is quite capable of speaking for himself.

3. any observation on my messages is not addressed to him personally,
   but to the project as a whole, since a long time before he was the
   maintainer. BTW, I energetically lobbied for using bzr over git at
   the time and thought that debbugs were better than nothing. I was as
   wrong as the wrongest (non-)participant on those discussions.

> We're approaching what is in large swathes of the world the "season of
> goodwill".

I'll refrain from expressing my opinion about the concept of seasonal
goodwill.

Finally, I will say that you are not the only one who feels entitled to
moan and rant on emacs-devel :-)