Re: Can watermarking Unicode text using invisible differences sneak thro

From: Yuri Khan
Subject: Re: Can watermarking Unicode text using invisible differences sneak through Emacs, or can Emacs detect it?
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2022 15:16:27 +0700

On Thu, 3 Feb 2022 at 15:09, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:

> > Sorry, somehow I misremembered and thought the character was a with
> > macron and tilde.  Was it actually a with breve and tilde?
> > Then the natural visual representations would be ă~ (a with breve,
> > then tilde) and ã˘ (a with tilde, then breve),
>
> Either one would be fine, but the former is better, I think, since ~
> is an ASCII character, and so is universally supported.

The ordering of diacritics on the same side of the base character is
considered significant in Unicode, so ă~ and ã˘ would be
representations of different grapheme clusters — “a with breve and
tilde” and “a with tilde and breve”, respectively.

The issue of any characters used not being universally available is
still valid, of course.