Re: recent change to yanking behavior of the clipboard

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: recent change to yanking behavior of the clipboard
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2022 13:29:45 +0800

>FWIW, I don't think we are attempting to "wag the dog" here, in terms
>of influencing the X foundation, so much as to prevent changes in the
>behavior of Emacs that the users (at least, all who have chimed in
>here excluding you who made this change and presumably like it)
>prefer.

FTR, I didn't make any change to which selection is used by default, and Noah
is the only person who complained about the change that I did make.

I was trying to discourage users from enabling `select-enable-primary', which
Lars disagreed with.  It was turned off by default in Emacs 21, where Emacs
switched to the now-standard behaviour by default.