Re: Can watermarking Unicode text using invisible differences sneak thro

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Can watermarking Unicode text using invisible differences sneak through Emacs, or can Emacs detect it?
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2022 23:13:16 -0500

  > Then please suggest replacements you consider to be better, and let's
  > make those replacements.  We are not bound by what Lynx does, we just
  > used that as a source.

For each character whose name has the form

  LATIN (SMALL|CAPITAL) LETTER \1 WITH \2

if the terminal can't display that, it should display \1
(in the appropriate case), followed by the graphical form of \2.

Thus, for

  LATIN CAPITAL LETTER A WITH MACRON

it should display as `A' followed by a macron.

For each character whose name has the form

  latin (small|capital) letter \1 with \2 and \3

if the terminal can't display that, but it can display \1 with \2,
it should display

  LATIN (SMALL|CAPITAL) LETTER \1 WITH \2

followed by the graphical form of \3.

Otherwise, it should display

  \1 followed by the graphical form of \2 followed by the graphical form of \3.