Emacs 29.0.50 Snapshot binaries for WIndows

From: Corwin Brust
Subject: Emacs 29.0.50 Snapshot binaries for WIndows
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2022 21:37:48 -0600

Hi All,

As much for my own testing as for yours, I have created a set of
binary "snapshot" releases of Emacs for Windows.

https://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/windows/?C=M;O=D

These reflect the master branch as of Feb 11th.  Note, this took me
some time to accomplish. The dependencies were packaged the prior
weekend, but don't appear to have changed and should work fine.  A zip
of the emacs sources used is also available as
emacs-29.0.50-snapshot-2022-02-11-src.zip

If you want these please grab them ASAP; I expect to move or remove
them fairly shortly. Apropos:

Eli, Dieter,

Do you agree we should continue to release Emacs snapshot builds for
Windows from master periodically?  My leaning would be that we keep a
rolling "last few" available, building them once or twice a week on a
"best effort" basis.

Given you agree we should continue to publish snapshots at all, do you
have preferences as to where they are placed?

My leaning is to create a "snapshots" folder at the same level as the
emacs-28 directory, thus /gnu/emacs/pretest/windows/snapshots.
Another obvious candidate would be "emacs-29" but I 'm a little
hesitant it could cause confusion as to what release is imminent if we
have both emacs-28 and emacs-29 folders at the same level of the tree
while emacs-28 is still yet to be released.

In any case, I was hesitant to create any new folder/tree without
consultation but I did want to verify I can complete the process
"end-to-end".

I can easily move/remove these binaries, probably before work tomorrow
if you feel action is at all urgent. (I typically leave for the office
sometime around 8a America/Chicago.)  If there is further cleanup to
attend to please feel free to let me know that also.  I would plan to
archive anything else besides the just published snapshots.  The
snapshots I would delete and then re-upload into the proper place (or
not).

Corwin