Re: Emacs 29.0.50 Snapshot binaries for WIndows

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Emacs 29.0.50 Snapshot binaries for WIndows
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2022 10:40:19 +0200

> From: Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org, dieter@duenenhof-wilhelm.de, eliz@gnu.org,
>       phillip.lord@russet.org.uk
> Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2022 23:57:28 -0500
>
>   > As much for my own testing as for yours, I have created a set of
>   > binary "snapshot" releases of Emacs for Windows.
>
> Do we have something lie this for GNU/Linux?
> Or is there some reason why there is no need for them on GNU/Linux?

GNU/Linux users have the various distros that package Emacs binaries
for them.  The volunteers who produce the MS-Windows binaries are in
effect acting like such a distro for Windows users.

> It would not be right to give more support to Windows than to
> the GNU system itself.

The Emacs project doesn't support those volunteers by more than
advice, answers to questions, and asking the GNU uploading personnel
to give them upload rights.