Re: Emacs 29.0.50 Snapshot binaries for WIndows

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Emacs 29.0.50 Snapshot binaries for WIndows
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2022 00:00:28 -0500

  > > However, I have a feeling that you're focusing on the free GNU/Linux
  > > distros that we do or could recommend.  (Please correct me if I'm
  > > mistaken.)  If that is true, what is the situation with the most
  > > popular GNU/Linux distros, such as Ubuntu?

  > That's right.  I would tend to focus on Trisequel or ARCH first.  Most
  > very large distributions offer packaged binaries made from Emacs
  > development versions such as snapshots from master or pre-releases
  > (e.g. from the emacs-28 branch) via volunteers working on those
  > distros.  Here is an example of a team that produces Emacs snapshot
  > builds for Ubuntu:
  > https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-elisp/+archive/ubuntu/ppa

It sounds like the popular distros are well-handled, in this.

Snapshots may not be pertinent to Arch.  Doesn't Arch use the approach
that each user builds from source?  Also, it is not a free distro

The free distros Parabola, Hyperbola and Guix also use that approach,
right?  So maybe snapshots are not pertinent to them.

I'm glad to see that there is no actual problem of the sort
I was worried about.