Re: Not able to display \u110BD and \u110CD in Emacs

From: Madhu
Subject: Re: Not able to display \u110BD and \u110CD in Emacs
Date: Thu, 05 May 2022 22:13:47 +0530

*  Sameer Singh <CAOR1sLw5J_vrJHo9H8N=SS=tSidAvNytfUoXYT6B8HG1HpEHFg
@mail.gmail.com> :
Wrote on Thu, 5 May 2022 21:39:29 +0530:
>> I believe there is a similar problen with composition of devanagari
>> stress accents with devanagari numerals
>
> Does it even make sense for the stress accents to appear with the numerals?
> Shouldn't they only appear with the consonants and vowels?
> Please correct me if I am wrong.

Can't speak for the unicode consortium, but I believe it is the practice
in marking certain specific accents in rig veda and atharva veda (which
I enumerated). check the table on the last page of Wikner's document at
http://www.evertype.com/standards/iso10646/pdf/vedic/Vedic_accents_doc.pdf
which shows the examples I wrote about.

(I think I've come across unicode text in the wild which used these, and
so assumed these are rendered "visually correctly" by other software)