Re: plz -> curl?

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: plz -> curl?
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 17:38:15 +0200

Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> writes:

>> Is there an apropos-package command?  If not, maybe now is the time
>> to write one.
>
> What would it do, and how would it help alieviate this problem?

Given a term, list the packages of the configured archives whose name or
description contains that term.  E.g., asking for LSP it would list
eglot, lsp-mode and the gazillion lsp-* addon packages.

As Eli said, there's already package-menu-filter-by-description which
basically does most of the job but requires that you're already in the
*Packages* buffer.

FWIW, I have eglot installed and the apropos commands (apropos,
apropos-command, apropos-documentation) show many eglot symbols when
searching for lsp, but you need to give a prefix arg in order to search
external packages, too.  But strange enough, it does not list the
`eglot' command which is the main command of it (and I get an error
which I'll investigate and report if it's not on my side)...

Bye,
Tassilo