Re: Ideal performance of ELisp

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Ideal performance of ELisp
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2022 17:50:36 +0800

Andrea Corallo <akrl@sdf.org> writes:

>> I was thinking of a C-like DSL (probably with a Lisp-style syntax).
>> Designed to be easy to translate to libgccir as well as not too hard
>> to interpret when libgccjit is not available.
>
> Yep that's an option, I thought about that as well, not sure how much
> practical it is tho.  One of the downside is that we could not consume
> nor provide any of the existing C header files.

Do I understand correctly that a certain pre-defined set of C headers
can still be included? If so, it is not necessarily a downside.

We may not want to allow loading arbitrary #include-s because it will
pose a risk running non-free libraries inside Emacs. Yet, using the
libraries already utilized by Emacs + internal Emacs constructs could be
good enough.

--
Ihor Radchenko,
Org mode contributor,