Re: Abysmal state of GTK build

From: Visuwesh
Subject: Re: Abysmal state of GTK build
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2022 17:30:41 +0530

[ஞாயிறு ஆகஸ்ட் 21, 2022] Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:

> 5) The scroll bar has to be fixed to work as modern scroll bars to, not
> emulate the actions of an 80s Xterm.  I.e., you have to be able to drag
> the scrool widget, and click above and below it, and have the thing
> happen that normal users expect.

I find the "modern" scrollbar a waste of screen space precisely because
they do not behave like the 80s Xterm scrollbar.
[ Argument can be made to make down-mouse-1 and down-mouse-2 to continue
  scrolling and I think that's a good change but please do not make the
  current scrollbars as useless as the "modern" ones.  ]