Re: Abysmal state of GTK build

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: Abysmal state of GTK build
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2022 01:25:18 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> > Why shouldn't it?  The attitude of the GTK developers is certainly
>> > relevant for our decisions related to GTK issues.
>>
>> ... suppossing that the depiction of those developers is accurate, fair
>> and representative of the community, not picking one or two individuals
>> interacting with one other individual at certain time.
>
> They were actually quoted here on several occasions.  Make your own
> conclusions from what they say; I did.

What I see on that Merge Request is an occasional contributor adding
code related to an internal, debug-related environment variable to avoid
its abuse and then making an insulting reference to the people who are
advicing others to incur on said abuse. Then another occasional
contributor comes to close the comments (good) with a blunt phrase
(bad).

Implying that that episode illustrates the general attitude of that
community and that it is relevant to how Emacs should decide its
relation to the products of such community is... unfair, to say it
politelly.