Re: Adding use-package to core

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Adding use-package to core
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2022 20:31:12 +0200

> Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2022 19:12:03 +0100 (CET)
> From: xenodasein@tutanota.de
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> Nov 13, 2022, 16:48 by eliz@gnu.org:
>
> > If you have read this discussion, you've seen that the package's
> > author thinks it's best to move use-package into core, and describes
> > the package as stable without any need for significant development.
> > So I think your comments are based on some misunderstanding.
> >

> How integrated is it with custom, package, etc? Not well enough to be
> considered complete IMO.

If something in it turns out to be incomplete, we will fix it.

> My understanding is that you will make it yet another member of the
> orphanage lisp/ when it could function perfectly from ELPA.

The packages in lisp/ aren't orphans, just look at the Git logs.  (How
can you seriously consider the Lisp packages in core "frozen" when we
average 5000 commits a year for the past ten years??  Where do all
those commits go, in your opinion?)