Re: Re: Tree-sitter introduction documentation

From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez
Subject: Re: Re: Tree-sitter introduction documentation
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2022 07:32:50 +0100

Ken writes:

> I wonder how well known this is among distro Emacs maintainers.  I did a quick
> internet search and didn't find any indication that any distros have done it
> yet.  Can anyone point me to an example?
> Ken

+1

I'm compiling emacs quite often in a container inside a VM, in order to keep the number of libraries in my 'real' system under control. Using containers, I'm able to generate .deb packages for different distros, which is cool and I do mainly to test concepts I use in other contexts. So in a sense, I'm packaging Emacs for myself.

Adding tree-sitter was straightforward for some bleeding-edge Debian based distros, but not as easy for mainstream (e.g. Ubuntu focal, which is the previous LTS). But that was only adding the library and compiling emacs with the library.

I'm still struggling with the plug-ins... Questions I have are
1.- where will they sit at the end of the day?
2.- should I include *all* plug-ins or just the plug-ins I use (mainly Python to get used to it)

The whole thing doesn't get better, because I'm also "playing" with Emacs on macOS and there I'm still struggling with native compilation...

Anyhow, this is what makes things interesting and keeps my brain active.

/PA

Fragen sind da um gestellt zu werden
Georg Kreisler

Headaches with a Juju log:
unit-basic-16: 09:17:36 WARNING juju.worker.uniter.operation we should run a leader-deposed hook here, but we can't yet