Re: [Orgmode] Re: depending TODOs, scheduling following TODOs automatica

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: depending TODOs, scheduling following TODOs automatically
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 14:50:19 +0100

"Eddward DeVilla" <address@hidden> writes:

> I can't say I have any plans to use triggers, but will they really
> hurt anything?  I mean if it makes the code a mess then that wouldn't
> be good.  But frankly, I have no need for the GTD 'find a stuck
> project' stuff, and it hasn't been a problem for me.

I feel quite the same.

People love Org because of its "simplicity".  But we should call it
"efficiency" rather than "simplicity", since what we really like in
it is the fact that it makes complex actions easily achievable.

For example, both org-remember-templates and org-agenda-custom-commands
can be very complex variables, yet Org lets you configure them the way
you want so that using them becomes very "simple".

I think it would be the same for the trigger stuff: finding your way
through the best configuration for *you* would be a rather complex
process, but using them to perform the simple actions that you need
would not be that complex.

BTW, I don't see the point behing the argument: "I'm using Org for
simple project management and XXX for complex project management, so
please keep Org as simple as it is."  If both tools let you manage
complex projects, there will compete in the same area and that will be a
problem for *you*.  But not for the software itself, and not for people
that use only Org (and might be tempted to use it for more complex PM.)

My 2 cents,

--
Bastien