Re: [O] Question about org-search-view and org-occur-in-agenda-files

From: suvayu ali
Subject: Re: [O] Question about org-search-view and org-occur-in-agenda-files
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 04:04:28 +0200

Hi Bernt,

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 3:20 AM, Bernt Hansen <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> You can set the org-agenda-files and
>>> org-agenda-text-search-extra-files to point to the old project for
>>> some custom search.
>>>

> You can also restrict agenda to a single file with C-u C-c C-x <.
> Subsequent agenda commands and searches will only use the current file
> until you remove the restriction with C-c C-x >

My problem was I wanted to search a whole slew of files in a directory
tree. Also I was misreading some of the the org-agenda documentation.
After reading the article on custom agenda commands on Worg, many of my
misconceptions were resolved. Now I have written a function to find org
files recursively from a directory tree and I use this list to
selectively search project directories.

e.g.:

(setq org-agenda-custom-commands
      '(("W" "Search tutorials on Worg" search ""
         ((org-agenda-files nil)
          (org-agenda-text-search-extra-files
           (find-org-file-recursively "~/org/Worg/org-tutorials"))))))

--
Suvayu