Re: [O] Buffer local alias?

From: Rick Frankel
Subject: Re: [O] Buffer local alias?
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 11:54:01 -0500

On 2014-01-16 11:44, Achim Gratz wrote:
Andreas Leha writes:
Yes, I know.  That's why I am sighing a bit:  Both approaches need work
or are inconvenient in one way or the other.

That trait of reproducibility is shared with security.  You might want
to have alook at this:

https://www.vagrantup.com/

(no direct experience yet).

FWIW, I've just started using vagrant and virtualbox for creating a
reproducible development environment for a ruby-on-rails class I am
teaching.

So far, it's great. Trying to get students to setup a rails dev
environment, esp. on windows, is extremely difficult. With vagrant I
have created a script which will build an ubuntu vm with everything
needed (ruby, postgres, etc.) installed and configured. (Identical
every time modulo 'apt-get upgrade'.). I then distribute THAT to the
students (via vagrant), guaranteeing they are all working on identical
virtual machines.

rick