Inequalities in math blocks

From: Rudolf Adamkovič
Subject: Inequalities in math blocks
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2021 13:04:43 +0200

The following Org markup does not render properly in HTML export:

- foo $a<b$ bar foo $b>a$ bar In Emacs, I see no signs of problems, such as broken math highlighting. Further, when I export to LaTeX, the inequalities render properly. Does one have to use \lt and \gt instead of < and
all the time? If so, why allow < and > characters in math
blocks? I ask because, when I reorganize my Org document, it breaks math "at random" when I use < and > and Emacs does not tell me about it.

R+
--
Logic is a science of the necessary laws of thought, without which no employment of the understanding and the reason takes place. -- Immanuel Kant, 1785 Rudolf Adamkovič <salutis@me.com> Studenohorská 25 84103 Bratislava Slovakia [he/him]