a way to not close mpv window on next/prev because exwm

From: Stefan Huchler
Subject: a way to not close mpv window on next/prev because exwm
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2020 01:19:34 +0100

I try to manage video files over emms which generally works the problem
is when it closes the window each time a new file starts the window pops
directly in my current frame because I use exwm, instead of staying in
the other frame on the other monitor so is there a way to not close the
window for changing to the next file?

I used umpv before which should be included in the mpv package that way
it adds files instead of starting now windows. Not sure if there are
other ways to keep the window open, but I think you could if you detect
end of file instead of closing clear playlist and at current file in and
start playback?

Would that be a new player backend or would a few modifications to the
mpv backend be enough?