Re: a way to not close mpv window on next/prev because exwm

From: Mike Kazantsev
Subject: Re: a way to not close mpv window on next/prev because exwm
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2020 09:31:12 +0500

On Fri, 20 Nov 2020 12:06:17 +0100
Stefan Huchler <stefan.huchler@mail.de> wrote:

> I want to use it to open kodi series mkvs there is no way it can either
> read dlna/upnp or info files would be great to get the right order and
> flag it as watched? I mean I can add the folder and then I guess
> manually set all as watched or delete it afterwards as good enough
> solution but of course that would be better.

Didn't use upnp/dlna myself much, but if I understand correctly,
you mean that videos are served over dlna by kodi and that protocol
has some kind of mechanism to mark them as watched, which mpv doesn't
use by default.

As I haven't used that stuff myself, don't know how to do it, but mpv
almost certainly uses some lib for playback from these sources.
I'd suggest checking a) if this lib supports such marking and b) how it
can be enabled - might be possible to do via env var or in some config
file.

And if it doesn't have such support - not much can be done on the mpv or
emacs side, obviously, but maybe you can open feature request on their
bugtracker, if it's a trivial thing to do, maybe devs just aren't aware
of that protocol extension or something.

If library has support that can only be enabled on C API level and mpv
doesn't have an option for it, I'd suggest either submitting a patch or
asking for a feature on mpv bugtracker - if it's just an extra option
and a flag to pass, should be only couple extra lines of code.

If you mean something entirely different, maybe on the kodi side,
or via separate api, that's probably not related to emms/mpv much and
can be done either via python addon script in kodi or by adding a hook
to run during/after playback in emacs (to mark position or watched
status).

--
Mike Kazantsev // fraggod.net