Re: [fluid-dev] trying to make fluidsynth on mac os x

From: Josh Green
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] trying to make fluidsynth on mac os x
Date: 23 May 2003 14:28:09 -0700

On Fri, 2003-05-23 at 14:03, Joe Corneli wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am having trouble making fluidsynth.
>
> I get this message:
>
> ion-cast -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-unused -Winline
> -c fluid_cmd.c -Wp,-MD,.deps/fluid_cmd.TPlo  -fno-common -DPIC -o
> .libs/fluid_cmd.lo
> fluid_cmd.c:34: header file 'readline/readline.h' not found
> fluid_cmd.c:35: header file 'readline/history.h' not found
> cpp-precomp: warning: errors during smart preprocessing, retrying in basic
> mode
> make[2]: *** [fluid_cmd.lo] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>

> (Even if I tell configure to include the directory /sw/include/readline
> where the "missing" header files are.)  Please help!
>
> Thank you,
>
> Joe Corneli

Make sure you have the readline development package installed for your
distribution. If you installed it in /sw/include/readline then you would
add the directory "/sw/include" to the list of configure include
directories. This can be done like

./configure CPPFLAGS="-I /sw/include" LDFLAGS="-L /sw/libs"

You'll probably need to add /sw/lib to the LD_LOAD_LIBRARY environment
variable too when you run the program (example using bash, put it in
~/.bash_profile or something):

export LD_LOAD_LIBRARY=${LD_LOAD_LIBRARY}:/sw/libs

Hmm, actually I'm not sure if LD_LOAD_LIBRARY will work with Mac OS X or
not. Its for setting run time paths for loading shared libraries.
Hope that helps. Cheers.
        Josh Green

P.S. Note to FluidSynth developers, a configure option should probably
be added for readline.