Re: [fluid-dev] trying to make fluidsynth on mac os x

From: Joe Corneli
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] trying to make fluidsynth on mac os x
Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 18:13:35 -0500 (CDT)

> compiler to fail, but the config.log will probably shed some light on
> that

Yes, it did.  Thanks!

See http://www.ma.utexas.edu/~jcorneli/config.log  if you are interested
in the details.

Basically, it indicated that the call to configure should have been:

 ./configure CPPFLAGS="-I/sw/include" LDFLAGS="-L/sw/lib"

(no spaces in quoted bits).

Maybe this is a shell-dependent thing?

> So the directory to include should be where the "readline" directory is
> (which I thought would be /sw/include).

Yes, that is correct:

[fluidsynth-1.0.1]%locate readline.h
*snip*
/sw/include/readline/readline.h
*snip*

> You could disable readline support (like Frank Barknecht mentioned),
> which I think will disable the command line client. Probably not what
> you want though, if you are using FluidSynth stand alone.

Yes, I want to use it on the command line to take midi commands from the
program clavier (http://helgo.net/fika/clavier) and make music...

Anyway, before we get to that point, I'm going to have to get the thing to
compile!  I now have some new problems in make:

fluid_sys.c:1108: undefined type, found `socklen_t'
cpp-precomp: warning: errors during smart preprocessing, retrying in basic
mode
fluid_sys.c: In function `fluid_server_socket_run':
fluid_sys.c:1108: `socklen_t' undeclared (first use in this function)
fluid_sys.c:1108: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
fluid_sys.c:1108: for each function it appears in.)
fluid_sys.c:1108: parse error before "addrlen"
fluid_sys.c:1114: `addrlen' undeclared (first use in this function)
make[2]: *** [fluid_sys.lo] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Maybe I need to specify more info in the library flag string?  Or maybe
there is something more critical going on?

Joe

PS.  I'm not subscribed to the FluidSynth Devel list, so if people have
more comments for me, please send or copy to my personal address as Josh
has been doing. Thanks!  If I ever become a fluidsynth developer, I'll
subscribe to the list :>