Re: [fluid-dev] trying to make fluidsynth on mac os x

From: Josh Green
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] trying to make fluidsynth on mac os x
Date: 29 May 2003 09:58:36 -0700

On Wed, 2003-05-28 at 11:01, Joe Corneli wrote:
> Hi Josh and all,
>
> Well, another day, another error, right?
>
> fluid_sys.c: In function `fluid_sys_config':
> fluid_sys.c:736: inconsistent operand constraints in an `asm'
> make[2]: *** [fluid_sys.lo] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>
> The weird thing about this one is that I would have thought DARWIN _would_
> be defined (see below).  Maybe I cut too much when following the earlier
> set of instructions (though I think I was following them fairly
> meticulously)?
>
> Copied below you'll find some context.  I hope this stuff isn't too much
> of a headache for you...  its definitely too advanced for me to guess
> what's going on.

No headache to me, just methodically knocking out the errors :)

> Joe
>
> #if defined(DARWIN)  /* line 707 */

I would guess that that is supposed to detect OSX, but it isn't, so
change it to:
#if 1

If you run into any more #if defined(DARWIN) lines that give you
trouble, just also change them to #if 1. Can anyone on this list confirm
that FluidSynth currently compiles on OSX? Cheers.
        Josh Green