Re: [fluid-dev] problems with fluidsynth 1.1.6 on a raspberry pi

From: Jan Newmarch
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] problems with fluidsynth 1.1.6 on a raspberry pi
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 20:19:30 +1100

Hi

I've been looking around for a test suite of MIDI files but I haven't
found one yet. Does anyone know of one that would allow me to test
specific features of a synthesizer engine? I'm guessing at reverb,
sustain, note bending, ...

Jan
--

On Sun, 2012-11-25 at 21:38 +0100, David Henningsson wrote:
> Btw, Chris,
>
> I remember you having a MIDI file where you would slide up and down the
> piano with the sustain pedal down; I think you used it to test voice
> overflow, but maybe that would be an interesting test case here as well?
> I'm thinking that it would constantly "overload" the engine in such a
> way that it would cause underruns for Jan? Therefore running perf on
> playing such a midi file would show reasonably accurately what happens
> on an overload.
>
> In short, do you still have that file around somewhere?
>
> // David

Dr Jan Newmarch
Head of ICT and Commerce (Higher Education)

P 61 3 9286 9971
M +61 4 0117 0509
F 61 3 9286 9100
W www.boxhill.edu.au