[FR-devel] Updated code for the core, plugins, etc

From: Rich Kilmer
Subject: [FR-devel] Updated code for the core, plugins, etc
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 04:33:27 -0500

Hey everyone,

I updated the core and made extensive changes to the Plugin class to manage
dependencies based on a state transition mechanism. See NEWS file for list
of stuff.

A typical plugin.xml file is now:

<plugin name="Test1_Plugin" version="1.0" autostart="true>
 ...config stuff...
 <dependency state="LOADED" action="start">
  <plugin name="Test2_Plugin" version="*" state="RUNNING"/>
 </dependency>
<plugin>

I will update how all this works on the Wiki at:

http://www.rubyide.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?DevDoc/FreeRIDE_Core

In the Plugin Lifecycle section.

I hope this meets everyones needs for dependency management ;-)

Regards,

Rich