RE: [FR-devel] Updated code for the core, plugins, etc

From: Rich Kilmer
Subject: RE: [FR-devel] Updated code for the core, plugins, etc
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 05:39:10 -0500

> It looks just great Rich.
> I am going to test it right now  :-)
>
> A short question:
> Isn't there a problem for a future plugin.xml DTD when
> using different attributes for the <plugin> tag ?
>
> You use the <plugin> tag for two different tasks
> 1) <plugin name="Test1_Plugin" version="1.0" autostart="true>
> (as a root element)
>
> 2) <plugin name="Test2_Plugin" version="*" state="RUNNING"/>
> (nested element in <dependency>)
>
> which is not bad because it works for our current needs.
>
> Just wondering about XML compliance, and possible future
> syntax checks in configuration files.
>
> cheers,
>                  vruz

yeah, you are right.  what do you think of me changing it to:

<dependency ...>
  <dependson name="Test2_Plugin" version="*" state="RUNNING"/>
</dependency>

dependson?  (it reads kind of weird)

requires? (not to be confused with Ruby require?)

what else?

-Rich

BTW: I updated the wiki page some more (gives more detail)