[FR-devel] Sample plugin

From: Laurent Julliard
Subject: [FR-devel] Sample plugin
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 10:26:13 +0200

Curt,all

I have made some changes here and there in the code over the pas few days which I think have strengthen the code a bit (see FR-cvsevents). My next step for now is to write a very basic plugin for FR that will simply insert a new menu item in thee Tools menu for instance.

I must say that so far I haven't been very succesful. I have written a "add_command" method in MenuPanes.rb which is supposed to append a new command at the end of the existing menu pane but then it crashes the application with a FOX error... I'm going to see if this is due to a bad use of FOX.

In the meantime Curt, I suggest that if you spend some time on FR you should try and write a skeleton of a plugin with this very basic feature in it (add a menu item on the fly). Also if you have advices on how to do that given what we have today please tell me.

Thanks,

Laurent