RE: [FR-devel] Editor API?

From: Rich Kilmer
Subject: RE: [FR-devel] Editor API?
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 06:40:32 -0400

Hey Hal...

Scintilla is a cross-platform (GTK/Win32/soon OS/X??) native editor
control (c/c++).  It is very general and VERY api rich (no pun intended
;-)  It has been embeded in Fox (and thus FXRuby) as well as wxWindows
(and wxRuby...) I actually used it early on on SWin/VRuby on Win32
before the FreeRIDE project really began...so I know it works there too.

The code editor widget is one of the most important components in an
IDE, and I think that Scintilla is definitely the way to go here (see
http://www.scintilla.org ).  Anyway, Laurent and I need to agree on the
high-level API prior to your writing about it...that is something I hope
we can work on soon.

BTW:  Are you going to be at RubyConf 2.0???

-rich