RE: [FR-devel] Editor API?

From: Curt Hibbs
Subject: RE: [FR-devel] Editor API?
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 05:56:32 -0700

Hal E. Fulton wrote:

> I'm happy to do this, but it's a *little* vague
> to me. (See quoted material below from Laurent.)

I know.

[snip]

> I suppose I first have to understand 1) the Scintilla
> widget and 2) what Rich and Laurent have done at the
> higher level?

We just need to document some core subset -- not the whole scintilla api --
in whatever manner we wrap it in Ruby. You could take a couple ideas for
implementing a command or plugin and ask yourself what editor api calls
would I need to do this (perhaps a code-template-insertion command, or a
"pretty printer", etc.).

Curt