Re: [FR-devel] Hi to FR-devel (and lil question)

From: gabriele renzi
Subject: Re: [FR-devel] Hi to FR-devel (and lil question)
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 02:17:50 +0200 (CEST)

 --- Laurent Julliard <address@hidden> ha scritto:

> Actually there are such things already in place in
> FR. These are
> genric services that can be used by any plugin.
> Therefore they are not
> associated with a particular but are rather
> published in the command
> section of the databus, more precisely in:
> /system/ui/commands/App/Services/
>
> There you'll find YesNoDialog, YesNoCancelDialog and
> MessageBox dialog.

well, sounds logic, I should have grep'ped more :)

Still, I don't know how to make a box that prompts for
a one-line input.
I think it could be even useful for search/replace, or
for preferences like "command line args" (yeah, I know
there is a preferences framework in the work)

> Invoking one of those is quite easy .e.g for
> MessageBox
> cmd_mgr = @plugin["/system/ui/commands"].manager

cmd_mgr.command('App/Services/MessageBox').invoke("File
> Load Error!",msg)

thanks for the snippet

> As to the GotoLine and GotoWord you mentioned they
> definitely relate
> to the EditPane plugin so they should appear under
> /system/ui/commands/EditPane where a number of
> EditPane related
> services are already published.

Sure.
I think show_debugline and set_cursor_line could fit.

> The editpane renderer plugin should publish be
> responsible for
> building the FX dialog box and display it as well as
> publishing it
> under /system/ui/commands/EditPane and retrieve the
> line number typed
> by the user.
>
> The start method of the editpane plugin should
> publish a new item in
> the Edit Menu (e.g. Goto Line - Ctrl-G) and trigger
> the goto line
> dialog box

I took a look to the script_runner plugin to rip it
off and republish it as syntax_checker, so I know how
to handle menu items related to editpane availability

> Hope this clarify how things are working in FR:
>
> a) The UI and the application logic are decoupled
> b) The services are published and invoked through
> the databus rather
> than called directly which makes the plugin
> architecture so powerful

I was wrong thinking that dialogs were ui stuff,
thanks again for explaining this to me.

=====
icq #69488917

Yahoo! Mail: 6MB di spazio gratuito, 30MB per i tuoi allegati, l'antivirus, il
filtro Anti-spam
http://it.yahoo.com/mail_it/foot/?http://it.mail.yahoo.com/