RE: [FR-devel] Hi to FR-devel (and lil question)

From: Curt Hibbs
Subject: RE: [FR-devel] Hi to FR-devel (and lil question)
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 23:02:17 -0700

gabriele renzi wrote:

>  --- Laurent Julliard <address@hidden> ha scritto:
> >
> > Actually there are such things already in place in
> > FR. These are
> > genric services that can be used by any plugin.
> > Therefore they are not
> > associated with a particular but are rather
> > published in the command
> > section of the databus, more precisely in:
> > /system/ui/commands/App/Services/
> >
> > There you'll find YesNoDialog, YesNoCancelDialog and
> > MessageBox dialog.
>
> well, sounds logic, I should have grep'ped more :)
>
> Still, I don't know how to make a box that prompts for
> a one-line input.
> I think it could be even useful for search/replace, or
> for preferences like "command line args" (yeah, I know
> there is a preferences framework in the work)

You are correct that there is no such dialog service that allows one or two
input fields, and there should be one. The implementation for the existing
dialog services is located in:

  freeride/plugins/rubyide_fox_gui/fox_services.rb

You could copy one of the existing services and modify it to create a new
dialog service that does what you want. Once you got it working you could
post your code here and Laurent or I add it to fox_services.rb module in our
cvs repo.

Curt