fsfc-discuss

Re: [fsfc-discuss] Hello

From: Jerald Vanderraad
Subject: Re: [fsfc-discuss] Hello
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 00:06:57 -0800

I think a formal organization is the way to go. I poked around a bit today on
the Government of Canada website for some info on incorporation of non-profits.
It doesn't look very complex, however if we were to seek charitable status it
would get more complicated, eg framing free software advocacy as charitable
work. I am in Vancouver, and I know others on this list may be quite far away
so in-person meetings could be difficult as well. Where there is a will, there
is a way. It would be nice for some of us to flesh out a mission, and what
affiliation any group here may have with the FSF in America.