Re: [glob2-devel] A note about the roadmap

From: Bo Lorentsen
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] A note about the roadmap
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 12:48:55 +0100

Stephane Magnenat wrote:

Just a thought about the roadmap I would like to share with you: while the next release will be a cleaning only release (auxiliary spread on several releases if required), after this I think it would be nice to think about extensibility, that is scripting and API.

This sounds really nice.

A good cleanup will be nice before implimenting a stronger scripting language, and this is also true for the API/GUI part.

I am a little confused about the API part, as I have seen some references to the Qt library. In my view the only real good choice is the Gtk2++ (gtkmm), as this use the same license as Glob2, and does not need funny preprocessors :-)

Indeed, I think that having a clean extention-API could both improve the code quality and allow more people to contribute.

Good plan !

/BL