Re: [glob2-devel] A note about the roadmap

From: Martin Voelkle
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] A note about the roadmap
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 00:01:19 +0100

> *shurgs* maybe we should do a poll?

And maybe the lead developper decides ?

GPL Game, GPL Library, so the argument is moot.

And I know Stéphane

a) loves c++

b) like Qt4

I don't believe the most vicious flamewar since vi vs emacs should errupt in
the glob2 mailinglists. It is pointless : a decision was made on technical
grounds by the guy who has the best ability to make that decision. End of
story, go back to discussing fine points of pathfinding algos.

CU

-- CFD (aka Slann)

Actually, the decision wasn't made on technical grounds. NCT thought that QT could do the job, but he didn't give GTK a try.
A few days ago, NCT and I tested the feasability of a generic client UI (serializing a gui from a server to a client and giving back feedback of actions) with QT. It works, but having written a GUI with glade I knew for sure that the same thing can be achieved with GTK.
You and NCT are both KDE fans an thus have a strong bias towards QT, but the decision will be made by the one who implements the thing first.
Here is the poll: to vote, send your code to address@hidden

-- Martin "show me the code" Voelkle