Re: [glob2-devel] Are you inspired by Paris ?

From: Martin Nyffenegger
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Are you inspired by Paris ?
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 07:54:54 +0100

 This is getting ridiculous. Why can't people believe that when they
see something cool in what they like, it can be found in something
else, or that when they see a defect, what they like can have it. It
gets even worse when they just look at the other stuff with the sole
goal to find defects inside, or when they use useless features as
arguments (although I have to agree that Glob2 badly needs an SVG
backend). Of course you can find defects wherever you want if you only
look for them.

 I defended both QT and Gtk against people who seem to be so desperate
about pushing their preferred toolkit that they act like xenophobes
(tu sembles tellement acculé que tu commences à dire des conneries).
There is no shame in using something just because it does the job and
you like it. And because of that, there is no point in arguing against
or for anything else. Just use it. And if you don't, don't complain.
Because differences between the features of these toolkits are so
minor that it really boils down to a matter of taste (which of course
implies religion quarrels).

 Person who say it should not be done like this should not interrupt
person doing it.         --Chinese Proverb

Since we seem to agree that both QT and GTK are fit for the job (and that ther should be no flamewar). I suggest that the first one working on it chooses the library to use... Because Martin V is right; there is no point in defending or critisising stupidly one technology agains another without solid and evident arguments (which really don't seem to exist in this case).

(Now you both hug and be friends again ok ;-) )

Martin N