Re: [glob2-devel] Free software forbiden in France

From: Andrew Sayers
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Free software forbiden in France
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 21:33:19 +0000

On Wed, Dec 07, 2005 at 10:02:34PM +0100, St?phane Magnenat wrote:
> On Wednesday 07 December 2005 15:20, Martin Nyffenegger wrote:
> > French people seem to do something:
> >
> > http://eucd.info/petitions/index.php?petition=2
> >
> > In the mean time, we can protect glob2 by specifying in the user
> > licence that every map created with globulation 2 an this up/down-
> > loadable by it is automatically free and can not be under any
> > copyright protection.
>
> Do the ml agrees that glob2 signs as an organisation? If so, which web site
> do
> I give (glob2.ysagoon.com or www.globulation2.org)?

I don't like signing online petitions because they're widely (and
correctly, IMHO) viewed as pretty meaningless.  Think of all the things
you'd sign an online petition about.  How many of them would you write a
letter complaining about?  How many would you go on a protest march about?

On the other hand, if someone could find the relevant bit of proposed
law, outline how it would make our life harder, and send that to someone
that's actually involved in the decision-making process, I'd be very
much up for that.

        - Andrew