Re: [glob2-devel] Free software forbiden in France

From: A little wood elfe
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Free software forbiden in France
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 19:43:14 +0100

Le 22 déc. 05, à 18:23, Emmanuel Eckard a écrit :

Beware:
1) the modification of the law will very probably get shot down later

Well, even if the actual modification of the law, which concern the P2P, are shot down, the most important thing for the free software is that some modifications for interoperability are now proposed by the UMP itself and thus have better chances to stay.

2) the situtation is not quite as clear as Stephane puts it. Some important
personalities of the PS were favourable to the law while one of the
staunchest opponents, and a very firm ally on the subject now, was none other than Christine Boutin ! (if someone had told me that I would be agreed with her on something one day, I would have believed that it would have involved
heavy brain surgery on one of us at least).

        Yes, I have quite the same feeling.

@+
A little wood elfe