Re: [glob2-devel] Glob2 0.8.16 has been release

From: A little wood elfe
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Glob2 0.8.16 has been release
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 23:00:15 +0100

Ok, please don't commit this. This hack is ugly enough now, I would prefer not
having ping/pong between two incompatibles ugly hacks.

        Of course I won't commit it. I don't have CVS access.

        End, wait just a question the existing -enable-static link to libz.a
but libz isn't under the GPL, so I think that's not allowed. Am I right
? But a shared library of libz is installed on Mac OS X so I wouldn't
need to statically link it. Well if only I manage to change all this
Makefile thing to statically link against all but not on zlib...

I think that if zlib is GPL compatible, that's ok. I don't know wether it is
or not.

After reading the licence it looks compatible. Anyway I link it dynamically by doing more ugly things in my Makefile.

So can someone confirm to me that those libs are no longer used in Globulation :
libaudio.a
libslang.a
libgpm.a ?
They were in the static linking but not in the dynamic linking as far as I see.

Now I have mixed the flags for dynamic and static linking and I get that :

g++ -Wall -g -L/sw/lib -L/usr/local/GNUstep/System/Library/Libraries -o glob2 IntBuildingType.o AI.o AINicowar.o AINull.o AINumbi.o AICastor.o AIToubib.o AIWarrush.o Building.o BuildingType.o Bullet.o Engine.o EntityType.o Fatal.o GUIGlob2FileList.o GUIMapPreview.o Game.o GameGUI.o GameGUIDialog.o GameGUILoadSave.o Glob2.o GlobalContainer.o Settings.o Map.o MapGenerator.o MapEdit.o NetGame.o Order.o Player.o SessionConnection.o Race.o Ressource.o Sector.o Session.o SGSL.o SoundMixer.o Team.o TeamStat.o Unit.o UnitType.o Utilities.o ChooseMapScreen.o CustomGameScreen.o MainMenuScreen.o CreditScreen.o CampaignScreen.o MultiplayersOfferScreen.o YOGScreen.o SettingsScreen.o MultiplayersHostScreen.o MultiplayersHost.o MultiplayersJoinScreen.o MultiplayersJoin.o MultiplayersConnectedScreen.o MultiplayersChooseMapScreen.o MultiplayersCrossConnectable.o NewMapScreen.o YOG.o MapGenerationDescriptor.o LogFileManager.o YOGPreScreen.o ScriptEditorScreen.o EndGameScreen.o BuildingsTypes.o GameUtilities.o BitArray.o Brush.o IRC.o VoiceRecorder.o ../libgag/src/libgag.a -lpthread /sw/lib/libSDL_image.a /sw/lib/libSDL_net.a /sw/lib/libpng*.a /sw/lib/libtiff.a /sw/lib/libjpeg.a /sw/lib/libvorbisfile.a /sw/lib/libvorbis.a/sw/lib/libogg.a /usr/local/lib/libspeex.a /sw/lib/libSDL.a /sw/lib/libSDLmain.a /sw/lib/libaa.a /sw/lib/ncurses/libncurses.a /usr/X11R6/lib/libfreetype.a -lz -framework Cocoa -framework OpenGL

ld: /sw/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_QuartzVideo.o) illegal reference to symbol: _HideMenuBar defined in indirectly referenced dynamic library /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ HIToolbox.framework/Versions/A/HIToolbox ld: /sw/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_coreaudio.o) illegal reference to symbol: _AudioUnitSetProperty defined in indirectly referenced dynamic library /System/Library/Frameworks/AudioUnit.framework/Versions/A/AudioUnit ld: /sw/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_romaudio.o) illegal reference to symbol: _NewSndCallBackUPP defined in indirectly referenced dynamic library /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ CarbonSound.framework/Versions/A/CarbonSound ld: /sw/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_sysjoystick.o) illegal reference to symbol: _IOCreatePlugInInterfaceForService defined in indirectly referenced dynamic library /System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Versions/A/IOKit

Looks like some incompatibility between the Cocoa framework (needed for OpenGL) and libSDL. But one more time when I was dynamic linking it worked fine. So i don't understand. Any idea ?

@+
Benoit