Re: [glob2-devel] Glob2 0.8.16 has been release

From: Andrew Sayers
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Glob2 0.8.16 has been release
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 19:54:12 +0000

On Sat, Dec 10, 2005 at 02:00:04PM +0100, A little wood elfe wrote:
> >After discovering an important bug tonight, we'll probably release
> >0.8.17 on the weekend - would you be able to be on IRC some time
> >Saturday or Sunday to iron this stuff out?
>
>       Do you have decided when I must be here ?

I'd forgotten to chase Stephane up about this, sorry.  Stephane, will
you be about tomorrow to finalise 0.8.17?

>       About the directory issue that we solved the other night I just
>       found a minor bug with our current solution, if I have a map folder at
> the
> same level than the Globulation2.app folder the game show me files of
> the two folders. Not a very frequent case but maybe we can do something
> about that.

I've set it in CVS so that things are checked in the order:

1. $HOME/.glob2/
2. ./Contents/Resources/
3. ./
4. (Linux only) /usr/share/glob2 or /usr/local/share/glob2
5. ..
6. ../..

>       I gave a look at the input sound issue for voice over IP. I have
>       some example code on my hard disk, the difficulty is that I never had
> code
> anything in C++ or in relation with sound. For now can you say to me
> which files in globulation are involved with this, and perhaps resume
> me the way it worked.

That's great - but I'm afraid Stephane I'm not an expert on this either.
Stephane, where would we look to hook OS-specific sound handling into
the game?

        - Andrew