Re: [glob2-devel] www.globulation2.org look updated

From: Leo Wandersleb
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] www.globulation2.org look updated
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 22:31:16 +0100

in order to not hurt the players community's feelings with our ugly site every criticism is welcome :)

seriously i just tried to get my hand on this css-thing as i recently played around with css, too. i didn't work on the gfx except for makeing it more readable. my css has some bug now and is by far not complete. i just wanted to propose this sand over the obscureing contrast-rich version that was proposed earlier.

for i final version i have something in mind with round edges only to the center of the page (right for the left column) with very light grafix.

perhaps i can do it tonight.

greetings, leo

Stéphane Magnenat wrote:
Hi,

I'm not trying to defend my skin, but imho there some problems with your skins: - Both grass and sand look ugly in glob2. They are from the 256 colors time. They should be remade one day. Water is much better as it has already been remade.
- Using more than one texture is too much, it wraps from elegant to kitsch
- The science building gras root contrast better with blue than with green.
I hope this don't hurt your feelings, it's not the purprose 8after all, we did the ugly grass and sand), but you asked for opinion ;-)

Other people, what is your opinion?