Re: [glob2-devel] www.globulation2.org look updated

From: Gabriel Walt
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] www.globulation2.org look updated
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 14:06:54 +0100

The sand in the left-hand menus was created the same way. Looking at it
now, I don't like it - better to have text areas be white or grey.
However, I do like the rounded borders, and I could move that over to
the main section fairly easily.

I like much the rounded corners but i just think that the radius of the edge should be a bit smaller.

The contrast blue - yellow/beige isn't beautiful and makes the menu really hard to read.

Also i don't like that some parts of the menu are smaller and thus impossible to read on my computer without readjusting the font size and it makes the menu boxes not aligned any more.

Kyle has also moved the "Powered by MediaWiki" logo from the bottom bar
up to just below the toolbox.  I have no opinion about that.

TBH, I prefer without. I like it really much more as it was before, discrete in the right corner of the bottom bar, it has nothing to do in the menu!

I can easily change the green back to blue on the main site, and/or
change the rounded borders there.

I prefer the green to the blue. It's much more glob2 specific since i spend 98% of the game watching the grass, not the water, lol! I also prefer that green to the blue-violet bluish water.

Also, even if the sand/grass don't work on the web, I'd quite like to
lighten the tiles in the game like I did with the sand/grass images
here.  Does anyone have any thoughts about that?

The color of the grass was much lighter in older versions of glob2, but it was a very aggressive green. The problem with green is that it's not easy to find a nice green that looks good on the screen. The current one is quite pleasant to look at, but if you think you can do better, you can always try... It's not possible to judge the color before we actually see it ;)

For the sand i think you can easily do better! :)

Cheers!

Gabriel